St. John XXIII holds an Open House each year in January and a preschool only Open House again in the spring. We encourage all new families to attend these open houses as it provides a great opportunity to meet the staff and principal of St. John XXIII as well as tour the facility, pickup registration forms, and learn why St. John XXIII can provide your children with the enriching education they deserve.
State Accredited Preschool Program.
St. John XXIII Catholic Elementary School’s preschool program, accredited by the Ohio Department of Education, is for three, four and five year old children. The preschool is staffed by two licensed preschool teachers, Mrs. Cari Hellmann and Mrs. Maria Jeffers, and two classroom aides, Mrs. Patty Ryan and Mrs. Neeley Wilson. The Preschool Director is Mrs. Dawn Pickerill.
Our teachers use the Creative Curriculum and include a Christian faith-based component available to students of all faiths. The many assets of the St. John XXIII campus that are available to all students, such as two computer labs, a full sized gymnasium, beautiful playground and library, are also available to the preschool students.
Weekly Class Schedule.
The three year-old pre- Kindergarten class meets on Thursday and Friday from 8:30am – 11:00am.
The four year-old/pre-Kindergarten class is offered in a three-day program held on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, as well as a five-day program held Monday through Friday.
Families in the three day program can choose from a morning class that meets from 8:30am – 11:00am or one afternoon class which meets from 12:30pm – 3:00pm. The five-day program meets in the morning only, from 8:30am to 11:00am.
There is a limit of 16 students for the 3 year old class, and 20 for the 4 year old classes.
Daily Class Schedule.
- Learning centers – math, language, science and social studies.
- Group activities – songs, games, discussions, poems, guest speakers, etc.
- Large muscle activity – either in the gym or outside on the playground.
- Snack – Healthy daily snacks are provided to all students.
Preschool students also participate in school activities that are age appropriate and take place during preschool time. There is no nap time in the preschool program.
Children must reach the age of three/four by September 30 in order to enroll in the respective three/four year old class.
All children must be toilet trained before the first day of school.
There is a yearly registration fee of $60 per child for the St. John XXIII Preschool program in addition to the monthly tuition fees. The monthly tuition fees are:
- Three Year Old Class: $115 per month.
- Four Year Old/Pre-Kindergarten Three Day Class: $145 per month.
- Four Year Old/Pre-Kindergarten Five Day Class: $200 per month.
Optional Additional Supervised Playtime.
There is an optional supervised playtime offered for all morning classes from 7:45am – 8:30am for an additional fee.
- Three Year Old Class: $5 per day, or $30 per month.
- Four Year Old/Pre-Kindergarten Three Day Class: $5 per day, or $45 per month.
- Four Year Old/Pre-Kindergarten Five Day Class: $5 per day, or $60 per month.